This week the Anivision hosts talk about the Cyberpunk 2077 delay, they go over the Twitch #MeToo movement, they discuss if the current AAA game development is sustainable, and they give their early impressions of The Last of Us 2.
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Game delayed to November 19th
- Free Next Gen Upgrade
- 10-episode anime Cyberpunk: Edgerunners announced for 2022 release on Netflix by Studio Trigger
- Pokemon Unite, a MOBA game (Polygon)
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts Discord to distribute villagers for free (Polygon)
- Microsoft to shut down Mixer, transition users to Facebook Gaming (Polygon)
- Guys who signed deals like Ninja and Shroud are now free agents
- Twitch #MeToo Movement (Wired)
- Dr. Disrespect banned from Twitch (Verge)
- Anime movie updates
- F/SN Heaven’s Feel 3: Spring Song will debut August 15th in Japan
- Violet Evergarden on September 19th
- More TV anime to return after Covid-19 delays
- Boruto on July 5th
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise on July 9th
- Current AAA Development Growth is Unsustainable (GamesIndustry.biz) (IGN)
- Shawn Layden, PlayStation executive who left Sony last year. Ran PlayStation Worldwide Studios for 25 years, did an interview on Gamelab Live.
- The Last of Us was 15 hours, but The Last of Us Part II is 25 hours.
- Current development cost is between $80 and $150 million.
- Every generation’s production costs have doubled.
- 4K HDR Graphics won’t be cheap.
- It has been $59.99 for games since Xbox 360/PS3 Era (2005)
- Instead of five years making an 80 hour game, spend three years making a 15 hour game.
- The Last of Us Part II Impressions
- Spoiler discussion (Up to Day 2)